Our Bus Systems
Canby Area Transit (CAT)
Canby Area Transit (CAT)
CAT’s mission is to serve the citizens of Canby, Oregon with accessible, dependable, and efficient public transportation.
Canby Area Transit (CAT) was established in 2002 and is supported by Canby Area businesses and funding from the state of Oregon.
CAT provides the following routes and services:
- 99X Fixed Route: Service Monday – Saturday
- Local Canby Loop: Service Monday – Friday
- Dial-A-Ride Paratransit: Service Monday – Saturday
- Shopper Shuttle: Service Monday – Friday
CAT riders can make connections to:
Bus Fare Information
Single Trip Tickets
|Route 99X (Mon-Fri)||$1|
|Route 99X (Saturday)||Free|
How to buy single trip tickets:
Pay drivers exact change. Drivers don’t carry cash.
|24 Ride Punch Pass (no expiration date)||$20|
|Monthly Pass (unlimited number of rides)||$20|
How to buy passes:
There are three ways to purchase a bus pass.
- Purchase a pass from a CAT bus driver.*
Bus drivers accept cash only, exact change.
- Purchase a pass at the CAT office located at:
195 S Hazel Dell Way, Suite C
Canby, OR 97013
We accept cash, check, or credit card.
- Purchase a pass over the phone or by email.
Call 503-266-4022 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Drivers will sell passes at locations where it is safe to park the bus off the roadway. Please be considerate of the drivers’ need to be safe and stay on schedule.
How to Ride
When riding with CAT, here are some bus rules to know and follow:
- Plan your trip and give yourself plenty of time. Arrive at the bus stop a few minutes early. Let the bus driver know if you are trying to connect with another bus or route.
- No smoking, vaping or alcohol allowed.
- Shirt and shoes are required. Space can sometimes be limited, so please be mindful of your personal hygiene.
- Remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Carry-on bags and gear must be kept clear of all walkways.
- Fares must be paid upon boarding. Have the exact fare or ticket easily accessible for when the bus arrives. Passes are available on CAT buses for $20 (cash only, exact change). Drivers will sell passes at locations where it is safe to park the bus off the roadway. Please be considerate of the drivers’ need to be safe and stay on schedule.
- No disruptive or disorderly behavior.
- Use headphones for personal devices. Audio of any kind must be listened to through earbuds and conversations should be kept at a volume that is not discourteous to other passengers.
- Finish food and beverages before boarding or keep them in a closed container.
- Acknowledge priority seating areas for the elderly and disabled.
- If permitted on the bus, all animals (including service animals) must be under the control of their owner at all times. Some transit agencies may allow pets if they are in a pet carrier. Please contact your local agency before bringing a pet on board.
- Do not walk or run in front of the bus. Use designated crosswalks after the bus has pulled away.
Canby Area Transit is committed to providing transportation services that will accommodate people of all abilities and provide quality service to as many members of the community as possible.
- Vehicles are equipped with wheelchair lifts or ramps as well as bike racks.
- Paratransit Dial-A-Ride service is available for those who are not able to access the FixedRoute service.
- A General Public Dial-A-Ride service is available for anyone traveling within the CAT service area.
- CAT personnel are trained to operate vehicles and equipment safely and to sensitively assist people with disabilities.
- Stops and service routes are announced on Commuter and Fixed-Route services.
- Service animals trained to perform a task are accommodated on all vehicles.
- Personal Care Attendants (PCA) may accompany individuals with disabilities at no charge.
- Reasonable modifications to our policies, practices, and procedures are made, upon request, whenever possible.
- A transferless service exceeding ADA requirements is available to eligible customers traveling between Oregon City and Canby.
For more information on CAT’s ADA policies and procedures, please visit the CAT website.
All buses are equipped with ramps or lifts and bicycle racks.
Canby Area Transit values the safety of our passengers. Here are some safety guidelines to make your experience riding with us as smooth as possible:
- Keep your personal information private, including where you are going.
- Be alert at bus stops and when riding the bus.
- If someone makes you feel uncomfortable, sit near the bus driver.
- No unnecessary conversation with the driver while the bus is moving. Drivers must remain focused on driving.
- Keep the aisle of the bus clear at all times.
- Remember that fighting, boisterous, or other behavior that disturbs passengers can result in removal from the bus.
- In case of an emergency, alert the bus driver and call 9-1-1.
- Use designated crosswalks after the bus has pulled away. Do not cross in front of the bus.